Relations between the Republic of Slovenia and the Republic of Austria
The Republic of Austria recognised Slovenia as an independent state on 15 January 1992. On the same day, the two countries established diplomatic relations. In 1992, Slovenia established the Embassy in Vienna and the Consulate General in Celovec/Klagenfurt.
Bilateral relations are marked by an intensive, friendly and expanded neighbourly partnership in many fields (internal affairs and police co-operation, consular affairs, regional initiatives, economic and military co-operation, development and humanitarian projects, multilateral forums), in which the two countries pursue external political objectives of common interest. Numerous and regular visits, also on the highest political level, bear witness to the positive relations between the two countries.
The Slovenian national community in Austria is an important element of bilateral co-operation. Open minority issues are addressed regularly by the two countries.
- President of the Republic of Slovenia (http://www.up-rs.si/)
- Government of the Republic of Slovenia (http://www.vlada.si/en/news/)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia (http://www.mzz.gov.si/en)
- Government Communication Office (http://www.ukom.gov.si)
- Federal President of the Republic of Austria (http://www.hofburg.at)
- Federal Chancellery (http://www.bka.gv.at)
- Austrian Foreign Ministry (http://www.bmeia.gv.at)